Sedgebrook Hall has become the first property from The Venues Collection to install solar-powered EV (electric vehicle) charging points. This initiative is part of the Group’s commitment to reducing its carbon footprint and promoting sustainable practices in the events industry.
Elizabeth Harwood, Regional Sales Manager for The Venues Collection said: “Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do, and we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and supporting sustainability across our industry. By installing these charging canopies, we are encouraging more people to choose electric vehicles and helping to reduce the carbon emissions associated with travel to events.
“How are we making it more convenient and sustainable for customers?
- Four charging points are available – two are fast charging.
- The fast chargers have the potential for a full charge of two hours depending on the car. Standard chargers can take up to 8 hours.
- The charge for the Kilowatts is 60p per Kw for either the fast or standard charge.
- To connect to the chargers there is a QR code on the charger which will take you straight to the App.
- On the chargers are simple step-by-step instructions on how to connect. Just press the guide button and it will tell you what you need to know.
- You can charge your car for up to four hours before you will be sent a notification that you need to disconnect and move the car to our free car park. Every hour you are connected to the EV charger after that will be charged at £10 per hour. This parking fee will be live from 8am to 9pm.”
“Solar-powered EV charging points produce zero carbon emissions, making them an eco-friendly alternative to traditional charging methods that rely on fossil fuels. Sustainability is important to delegates, so by choosing a venue group that is committed to sustainable practices, event organisers can trust that their events will leave a positive impact on both the environment and their attendees.”
The installation of these charging points will be rolled out across all collection sites and will enable delegates and guests to charge their electric vehicles using renewable energy. The installation of solar EV charging points is just one of the many sustainability initiatives that Sedgebrook Hall, part The Venues Collection has implemented in recent years under their Meetings for Change initiative, which is a five-point charter focussing on sustainable food options and best practice. The collection was also the first venue group to introduce carbon labelling on all menus (June 2022) and is committed to reach Climate Net Zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 2030.Go back to other articles